Islamic Geometric Patterns: Their Historical Development and Traditional
Methods of Construction (Forthcoming)
• Chapter 1: Geometric Expression in Islamic Ornament
• Chapter 2: Historical Development of Islamic Geometric Patterns
• Chapter 3: Diversity and Classification of Islamic Geometric Patterns
• Chapter 4: The Polygonal Technique: Methodology and Stylistic Variation
• Chapter 5: Contemporary Expressions
• Chapter 6: The Computer Generation of Islamic Geometric Patterns
This book is under contract with Springer Verlag (NYC) and is scheduled for publication in the first-half of 2012.
The plenary address and paper presented at the 2003 Isama-Bridges Conference held at the University of Granada,
Spain. This paper was published in the Meeting Alhambra: ISAMA-Bridges 2003 Conference Proceedings.
Download a PDF of this paper here.